Weekend Pottery Courses
Saturday morning begins at 9.30 with demonstrations of clay preparation and throwing on the wheel. Each person will have their own wheel and can spend the day potting. There are breaks for coffee, tea and biscuits, a homemade lunch is provided and at the end of the afternoon, tea and cake! In the afternoon as an alternative to throwing, a chance to learn various hand building techniques. Sunday morning we will show you how to turn and trim your pots which will have dried enough to handle overnight. In the afternoon there is just time to decorate all the pots you have made. We will fire 8 of your pots.
*Please consider that this is physical activity using your hands, arms and shoulders, this course may not be suitable for you if you have concerns.
A vegetarian lunch is provided by Penny of Travels with Lemons, who has a real passion for cooking. Using home grown vegetables and locally sourced produce.
Course Dates for 2020
All courses are full until:
- 15/16 August – FULL
- 9/20 September – FULL
- 26/27 September – FULL
- 10/11 October – FULL
- 24/25 October – FULL
- 7/8 November – FULL
- 28/29 November – FULL
Course Dates for 2021
- 30/31 January – FULL
- 20/21 February – FULL
- 13/14 March – FULL
- 3/4 April – FULL
- 24/25 April – FULL
- 15/16 May – FULL
NEW DATES ADDED FOR 2021
- 5/6 June – 2 places available with accommodation.
- 26/27 June – 2 places available with accommodation
- 17/18 July – 5 places available with accommodation
- 14/15 August- 5 places available with accommodation
- 18/19 September – 5 places available with accommodation
- 9/10 October – 5 places available with accommodation
- 30/31 October – 5 places available with accommodation
- 20/21 November – 5 places available with accommodation
- Courses may be canceled or additional places may become available if COVID-19 rules change. All people on the course must NOT be under the age of 18 (to comply with insurance and other regulations)
£100 non refundable deposit required for weekend courses, balance to be paid one month before course start date. This is non refundable except in special circumstances or if someone can take the space.
Booking confirmed on receipt of deposit.
2 day course with Bed and Breakfast
– £300 per person
(based on 2-4 people sharing a room)
– £330 (single person)
2 day course non-resident
– £210 per person
Wednesday 7-9 pm and Thursday 7-9pm.
No spaces available for September – enquire if you wish to be on a waiting list. Learn how to make pots on the wheel or by hand building and then through the whole process of turning, decorating and glazing in a relaxed and friendly environment. The evening classes are run on a 12 week basis, paid half termly. Allowing breaks for the holidays. Classes full until September 2019. £90 per half term.